2013 Retreat: Alice in Quiltland
Welcome to the Honeybee Retreat site, 2013 version!
- We have changed our name: we are now known as River Bend Quilting Retreat hosted by Honeybee Quilters Seminars, Inc.1
- Date: February 7-10, 2013. You’ll probably want to come through the looking glass on February 6, though, to join our “Meet The Teachers” wine and cheese party that evening.
- Same location: The Holiday Inn at Baymeadows and I-95
- Theme: Alice in Quiltland. Imagine the possibilities!
We will continue with the fun and games - Bingo, “Strip” poker2, Ice Cream Social, and whatever else gets dreamed up over the coming months. There won’t be any night classes so the evening fun and games will start earlier (we heard you!)
Block Party3 lives on. The block this year is “teacup”, 8” finished. That’s it! Jump down the rabbit hole and let your imagination take over as you create your teacup blocks.
The Fat Quarter “lottery” will also be in full swing. One small difference this year - your FQ should somehow relate to the Alice in Quiltland theme4.
Early registration will open on May 12; general registration will be open on May 19. In addition you’ll be able to pay via Paypal (that isn’t a “must”; just an option). Registration is $225 for retreat plus $16 per class hour. We’ll want a $100 deposit at the time of registration, then you can continue to make payments (Paypal or snail mail), with the remaining balance due by October 1, 2012.
Please note our cancellation policy has changed:
Any cancellations before December 1, 2012 will receive a refund of all payments made except $50.
After December 1, 2012 no refunds will be made, but you may transfer your class to another student.
Look for additional news items in your email5 and on our website over the next few months. We’re so glad to have you and we look forward to another year of fun, laughter, and - oh yes - sewing!!
- The primary reason for the name change is to eliminate confusion. We’ve had a lot of comments from folks that thought the Honeybee Retreat was only for Honeybee members: this’ll clear that up. Also we’ve done some legal “stuff” over the last 2 years so the name change supports that, as well.
- We play poker for 2 1/2” strips of fabric. Talk about a friendly game - sometimes the winners keep their strips, sometimes not. Bring a bunch of 2 1/2” strips to join in the fun. Don’t have any? No sweat - we do! We’ll share!
- Block Party: Make as many blocks as you’d like. Pin your name to the back of your block(s). The blocks will be displayed over the weekend, then tossed into a pot (a teapot, no doubt), and one will be drawn. The person that made the winning block takes home all the other blocks. Fun, huh? (Of course we expect to see a quilt made from these blocks at the next year’s retreat!!)
- Fat Quarter drawing: There will be a basket for collecting FQs. Be sure to pin your name on the fq, and tell us how the fabric relates to the theme. On Sunday we’ll draw one fq and that person will take home the whole bunch.
- If you want to be deleted from our database so you don’t get anymore emails, just forward this to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll remove you. We’ll be sorry to see you go!